Friday, December 28, 2007

My First Trip to Romania

My first Christmas was really busy so I am a little late posting this. My trip to Romania was amazing! Mom and Dad were so proud of me with how well I did on the plane. After 4 flights and 23 hours of traveling I was definitely ready to get settled somewhere. It was a lot of fun on the plane and I really like traveling just like my parents. Although I was tired when we arrived it was so nice to see all of my Mom's relatives and meet them for the first time.

The next 2 1/2 weeks flew by and it was spent really just hanging out with everyone and relaxing. It definitely felt like a vacation for everybody. About halfway through the trip I started 'teething' was wasn't fun for me at all but after about 2 nights I was pretty used to the pain. Today my tooth is over halfway out and VERY sharp. I think another one is about to push through! Another thing that was fun was that I chose to say 'Dadda' for the first time. Except now that I showed him that I could do it he CONSTANTLY is trying to get me to say it over and over again. I just smile and laugh at him - he teases me alot so now it's my turn. I also learned how to sit up completely on my own during the trip. Once I learned how - I wanted play sitting up ALL THE TIME. Yeah I'm pretty much a big boy now…

Just in case you didn’t get out email with all of the pictures in it you can click the long link below to access them on Snapfish: http://www1.snapfish.com/share/p=502221198387231652/l=327572638/g=6045795/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

Here are some of the highlights of the trip…Enjoy!

Here is a picture of me the morning after we arrived. I was super excited to be there and to meet all of my extended family! I also had just found out that it was my Mom and Dad's 4th wedding anniversary! How exciting!

Here I am with Grandma Ana "Mama Ani". I loved spending time with her every chance I got!

Here's me and Grandpa Claudiu "Tataie". He especially loved to smother me with kisses! For now, that's ok with me :)

I got my second experience being in cold weather (Chicago was my first). Mom and Dad had a hard time finding warm things for me in Florida, but they found this really cool hat and scarf that I liked. Here's a picture of me bundled up as we head outside for a walk.

Here's a picture that I took of Mom and Dad from a tree nearby. You wouldn't be able to tell from the picture, but they were really nervous! Don't they look good though? I especially like my Mom's new haircut. She cut off 12 inches before our trip.

I stayed home with Mama Ani while everyone else went bowling. Here is Mom with her youngest sister (my aunt) Debi. They are 18 years apart.

Here is the Solomon Family (Aunt Ina, Uncle Sebi, and Cousin Silvan). Ina is a doctor and helped take care of when I got a bad cold while I was there. All three of them made my time extra special.

This is my aunt Noni although she doesn't think it's cool to call her an aunt. We had a lot of fun hanging out with each other. She's my Mom's only sister who has blonde hair so that was fun. Here we are at a cafe and I am playing with a Coca-Cola bottle. I love bottles! And no I didn't drink any...

Me and Dad were playing on a bed. Sometimes he gets that big vein on his forehead and it scares me. Obviously I didn't notice it in this picture since I'm smiling so good.

Me and Silvan wanted to have a picture taken of just the two of us too. So here we are...

Aunt Maria (my Mom has a total of 4 sisters and a brother) is giving me a kiss. I could play with her for hours and never get bored.

Me and Ina were at the dinner table and she had just given me a taste of something yummy. I am now at the point where I eat solids 2-3 times a day. I LOVE FOOD!

Here we are at McDonald's in Romania. Although we're in another country the food tasted the same for the most part.

As you can see - we had a great time and I can't wait to learn Romanian so that I can talk to all of my relatives in the native language. Although Dad doesn't understand me, I tell him in baby talk to watch out because I'm going to be speaking Romanian before him if he doesn't get with it! Hope you liked looking at them and don't forget to look at the rest on Snapfish if you didn't get our email earlier.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Oh my gosh...Luca is growing sooo fast. I can't believe he is already getting teeth! It looks like you guys had a blast in Romania. Happy New Year - Leigh Ann