Sunday, July 13, 2008

I turned one year old!!

On June 4, 2008 I had my very first birthday! I didn't have much to compare my party to, but I think that it was the best one ever! Mom and Dad had a basketball themed birthday party at our house and all of my little (and big) friends got to come! My friend Milo's mom, Emily, took some really cool pictures of me on that day.

Here I am with my birthday boy hat (which I kept on for like 20 whole minutes!) and my basketball jersey (to go with my basketball theme).



This is a video of me and my friends Elly, Caedmon, and Hadley while we are drawing pictures. Dad got it right! 'Peace Within' is EXACTLY what I called mine! (Check it out but make sure you pause the player at the bottom)

Here is me and Dad. I really wanted to give him a birthday bite on the lip, but I switched it last minute to a manly kiss with my eyes open..


Alright so I didn't think that I would be so stunned to be strapped to a chair while people were singing to me, taking pictures, and staring at me...but I was. But as you can see from proof of the video below - I DID NOT CRY! I smiled eventually and I especially loved my birthday cake that Mom and Dad picked. (Turn the music off at the bottom of the page and watch this cool video).

I love this picture of the three of us after I had some of my cake. My birthday party was the best! I thought at first that I wouldn't like all of the attention, but I got over that really fast. I guess I take after my Mom :)

My Dad has this picture as his screensaver on his computer. If you look really close you can see Mrs. Emily's reflection in my right eye as she takes this picture.

Here is me and Mom after I got cleaned up from my cake feast. I loved opening up presents and seeing all of the neat things that everyone chose to buy me. Thank you everyone for all of the great presents!

Here we are at my 2nd birthday party! Yep, I had another one at my Grandma and Poppa's house. This cake I got to REALLY smash which was great. Here I am feeding my Dad some of my yummy cake. You can see it all in action at the video below as well... (don't forget to turn the sound off).




Well that was it! As you can see it was a super, fun-filled weekend and I definitely felt spoiled by the end of it. I'm glad that I can share it with all of you on my updated blog. We've only scratched the surface since we've only updated until the beginning of June so check back for my updates soon...


No comments: